ACO MembraneDrain as an E1 Alternative Solution
ACO MembraneDrain is unique in being a precast channel system allowing rebated door joinery and waterproofing below finished floor level to drain into the channel. The system falls under NZBC E1 Alternative Solution.
To assist with the design and consenting process, ACO can provide full technical support and channel hydraulics to demonstrate the suitability of the product as an Alternative Solution. As ground usually slopes away from the channel, the catchment is taken to be the façade directly above the channel. A worst-case scenario of 90 degree wind-driven rain is then taken to size the system.
ACO technical representatives are happy to discuss the specification of an ACO Drain NZBC E1 Alternative Solution with any concerned party.
MembraneDrain Alternative Solution Advantages
- System allows for rebated door joinery and waterproofing
- Channel hydraulics support consenting documentation
- Channels can be haunched against foundation slab and used as formwork
- Quicker, easier and cheaper to install than typical cast in-situ solutions
- Outlets can be spaced further apart than 3.7m